Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Grieving

I have been grieving - I spent Monday going through stuff - old stuff - boxes and boxes of old stuff - found the dress pattterns for the dresses that Laurie made when the girls were younger - I even remembered the fabric that I picked out - Sarah had a shiny blue and white dress - Anna's was pink and black - Rebecca's was a blue flowery pattern - after tears - I threw them out - what was I doing with them - that is the trouble with living in the same house for 25 years - you accumulate and accumulate - and store stuff - so much stuff - I had some of my grandmothers crochet needles - like I am ever going to crochet - I had a box of needlepoint patterns - like I am ever going to do needlepoint again - who wants it? - I can't imagine any of my children wanting to hang up some needlepointed flowers - grieving for the time that has gone by - all these memories stored in boxes - I've only just started clearing out - haven't made much headway - so I guess I'll be grieving for some time to come -

1 comment:

QueenBee said...

Hiya mom,
So yesterday I tried to get my computer to work at the coffee shop and then at the church but no luck so I ended up going down to an internet cafe and spending £2 on 30 minutes. Then Ashley told me that I could use the internet at the Lymington library for free. So now I am there but it won't let me use facebook - booo! So if you want to write me please just write me a real email as opposed to a facebook message - thanks. I'm gald that you are moving forward. Love you!