Monday, August 6, 2007

I am a Radio Alarm Clock

I feel - like a radio alarm clock - Why??? Well ....On my way to church I reflected on this.... I once had a radio alarm clock - I could hit it numerous times - NUMEROUS TIMES! - and while hitting it - it would give me more BEDTIME - I would instantly decide that I didn't need a shower that day - I had one yesterday - or - I felt fruity that day and I would just take fruit to eat for lunch - WHATEVER - my day 's beginning would be decided by daybreak - at some point anyway - BUT now , since I inherited all my daughters' furniture, etc. - she fled to live in England - and my son and his wife are now babysitting me - I have her freaking alarm clock - it just wakes you up - ONCE - there is no second chance - you either get up now - or you don't - I HATE IT - my old radio alarm clock - was my husband's - it is old - not very attractive - seen better days - a bit grungy - not all of the functions work - BUT - it did a job - I relied on it - and NOW - it's been replaced by a shiny, new, attractive, fully functioning (not many functions) alarm clock. So I feel like the old radio alarm clock, yes I am not new, I'm not fully functioning (my hip hurts) I've been replace by a newer model ...... WHATEVER

1 comment:

QueenBee said...

Haha - so you don't like my alarm clock then - too bad. Helen's is the same you either keep it beeping or you turn it off - no snooze option. I love your little epiphanies. Take care mother dearest.